At Cherney College, we’re catching our breath after a busy few months of training activities! We launched our 2016 training courses in a BIG way, holding five courses in five weeks. Three of the courses were brand new for this year, including Plate Interpretation, Food Safety for Suppliers and FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food course, which certifies Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals for FSMA. These courses were a lot of fun, and here’s a sample of what attendees are saying about our 2016 courses.
- Plate Interpretation: “The most useful aspect was being able to ask questions that apply to our company’s unique situations.” “Good training of the basics, especially considering the diversity of testing among the group.”
- Food Safety for Suppliers: “This was my favorite training session.” “New hires would need a class like this to get up to speed on the regulations and market.”
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food: “I obtained good and thorough understanding of how to integrate the requirements for the food safety plan.” “Speakers not only presented the material so it was easy to understand but they brought out and supported a lot of group discussion.”
- Advanced Food Microbiology: “I liked the lab time and seeing what we learned in real life applications.” “Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.”
- Environmental Monitoring and Sanitation Essentials: “This class was super helpful and relatable. Good job!” “I just wanted to say thank you again for the awesome seminar last week. I learned so much about sanitation and environmental monitoring. I was already using some of the information that I learned on Friday. You and your staff are fantastic. I hope to attend more of your sessions in the future.”
Next up in May is Environmental Monitoring and Sanitation Essentials, our first public training course near our lab in Clovis, NM. Joanne Ruebl and Scott Sprangers are looking forward to making the trip down to the southwest to work with local food companies to improve their programs. We then have Introduction to Food Micro – The Basics in June, our original lab focused and activity-packed course.
We listen and act on your feedback! Based on requests from attendees and customers, we made a few schedule changes. Another FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food course will be held June 21-23, 2016. We are about half full with registrations, so don’t wait to register if you need to certify Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals and keep making progress with your FSMA implementation plans. We also decided that Food Safety for Suppliers isn’t just for suppliers, so we renamed it Introduction to Food Safety and will have a session in October. This is a great course for new employees that need to understand how all the pieces of food safety fit together or for those that want to understand more about FSMA and preventive controls. Lastly, registration filled so quickly for our June session of Introduction to Food Micro that we decided to have another one in September!
We hope to see you at one of our upcoming sessions! Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments about training at firstname.lastname@example.org.