As another month comes to a close for Cherney- we’ve had the opportunity to celebrate and share with our customer many new and exciting additions in September. This month – we take time to recognize and thank the internal and external customers who make this all possible.
Cherney – Clovis, NM Grand Opening Celebration:
- On Wednesday, September 10th, we held our grand opening at our new location in Clovis, NM. As highlighted in previous blogs , our decision to open this new location was strategic in an effort to better serve our customer base within the Southwestern US.
- Attended by many members of the community, the Clovis Chamber of Commerce was able to join with an awesome big ribbon and scissors .
- Our Wisconsin hospitality also traveled down south with the members of our team who distributed free WI Award Winning Brats & “Squeaky” Cheese Curds provided by some local companies.
- Our new official address is: 412 Mitchell St, Clovis, NM 88101
"Introduction to Food Microbiology - The Basics" - 3rd (4th and 5th) Sessions!:
- September was also a scheduled month for our quarterly training course, Introduction to Food Microbiology- The Basics. Again, the class was filled to capacity and we received tremendous feedback from those who attended.
- As we have said before – this isn’t just a “food micro” course or for those within the food industry. The most recent course in Green Bay was a mix of outside sales consultants, academia, QA/QC personnel from manufacturers for products such as butter, cheese, and pharmaceutical just to name a few.
- The LAST scheduled course for 2014 is in November 11th and 12th, 2014. The class is filling up quickly so if you have interest in attending, please sign up as soon as possible via our training page.
- We also held 2 sessions in Clovis, NM prior (and in conjunction) with the Grand Opening due to customer request.
- An announcement with our 2015 training schedule will be released soon!
FSMA Supplemental Rules Released!
- On September 19th, the USDA released the much anticipated changes to 4 sections of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). These new changes are targeted to find new ways to make the original proposals more flexible, tangible, targeted and practical.
- Comments are being accepted on the revised provisions for 75 days while continuing to review comments from the original rules. They anticipate issuing final rules in 2015.
- A recap of the changes for each section is below:
- While FSMA continues to affect many of the long term goals and current plans of our customers, we want to continue to be a resource for you during this time of change.
As the month comes to a close, again we thank and share our appreciation with our current customers! We are truly happy to be able to work with you and look forward to continuing to support your needs!