- Sample is saponified in basic medium (KOH) and liberated cholesterol is quantified against a known standard by Gas Chromatography Flame Ionization Detector (GC -FID).
Amount of Sample Needed for Analysis:
- Individual test: 100 grams
- Full Nutritional Analysis: 300 grams
Acceptable Sample Types:
Estimated Turn Around Time:
- Dairy Products
- General Food Products
- Individual Test: 5-6 business days
- Full Nutritional Analysis: 10-12 business days
Results Reporting Units:
- Results are reported as milligrams per 100 grams (mg/100g)
- Dietary cholesterol is only found in food products derived from animals such as dairy products, egg yolks and meat products.